boardCONSULT and boardCONNECT
Board service is the perfect opportunity to develop leadership skills, build new networks and make a significant contribution to a nonprofit. Our Board Leadership Program trains and matches business professionals to positions on nonprofit boards and committees. To date, we have successfully matched more than 900 individuals.
boardCONSULT: A Custom, Intentional Match
For individuals seeking to become involved in community leadership, our boardCONSULT program (formerly Board Leadership Program) prepares and matches candidates with board positions, according to the needs expressed by nonprofit organizations, and the interests, skills, and priorities of individual candidates. Participants are guaranteed a match through this program
Participating business partners gain numerous benefits from boardCONSULT:
- Enhanced visibility as a socially-conscious corporate citizen.
- Enhanced leadership and management skills in their participating employees.
- Networking opportunities as company employees meet and work with other professionals on nonprofit boards.
- Strengthened employee ties as a result of the investment in their leadership potential and personal development.
Employees who participate in the boardCONSULT also see many benefits:
- Enhanced leadership and management skills.
- Valuable networking opportunities.
- Training in the roles and responsibilities of nonprofit board members.
- Greater understanding of and connection to the community.
- Opportunities to make an impact working for a cause they believe in.
Included with boardCONSULT is our signature board training, boardBUILD: Fundamentals, a 3 hour in depth workshop to prepare new and experienced board members for impactful board service.
boardCONNECT: A Matching Event
Once or twice a year we offer boardCONNECT, a board matching event. boardCONNECT. This fast paced round robin style event connects interested board candidates with nonprofits seeking board members. Registration for upcoming public events can be found on our events page. Business Volunteers also offers custom boardCONNECT events in house for interested companies and their employees.
For more information on all our board matching services, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.