Are you a nonprofit in need of FREE technology support?
Then consider joining Baltimore’s Techies for Good group, which is a program of TechSoup. Techies for Good is a group of nonprofits and technical volunteers who meet (virtually, but occasionally in person) every 4-8 weeks. The meetings are a mix of educational sessions and hands-on help where technology volunteers assist nonprofits with their current technical issues or small projects.
There 5 primary ways you can benefit from joining the Baltimore Techies for Good group:
1. Overall Technology Audit & Health Assessment
2. Fix Small Issues or Bugs – Website functionality, design of assets, database issues, social media struggles, etc.)
3. Website Enhancements – Small additions, like integrating PayPal or social media or adding a webpage/content, that could be accomplished in under 1-2 hours!
4. Tech Education – Learning how to tackle technical tasks such as maintaining your website, leveraging social media, improving processes with new tools, etc.
5. Website Overhaul or Redesign – We only do this once a year, during our web development days, and nonprofits selected for these days have to have attended at least 2 Techies for Good meetings to be eligible!
To participate, simply join our MeetUp Group and RSVP for the meetings you’d like to attend (you must RSVP via the MeetUp event!). Also, if you’re on Facebook, join our Facebook Group where we encourage nonprofits to post any of your “technical questions and/or requests for help!” You can follow us if you’re on Twitter. Lastly, if you’re not already a member of TechSoup, where 501c3 nonprofits can get substantial discounts on technology products and services like website platforms, video meeting tools like Zoom, and cyber security products, check out https://www.techsoup.org/.