GIVE Fellowship 2021: information session
Business Volunteers Maryland is excited to announce an opportunity for nonprofits and fiscally sponsored organizations to host a group of GIVE Fellows for an Advisory Project, a core component of the GIVE Fellowship. In 2021 Fellows will engage with a select group of Nonprofit Partners as they explore the challenges faced by the organization producing an actionable solution.
In 2021 Fellows will engage selected Nonprofit Partners as they explore the challenges faced by the organization producing an actionable solution. Teams of 4-6 GIVE Fellows are matched with a nonprofit. Each Advisory Team will immerse themselves in a collaborative process with their nonprofit between July and November 2021. GIVE Fellows engage thought-partnership to understand and address complex organizational challenges impacting nonprofit leaders, delivering a plan that empowers social benefit organizations to do good. better.
Previous Examples of GIVE Advisory Projects Include:
- A youth-services organization was seeking to help their young artists expand their business skills and the sales of the products they created. The Advisory Team created a comprehensive business development proposal to boost future revenue and brand awareness.
- An organization focused on local history explored expanding participation in their walking tours and other programs. The Advisory Team piloted a corporate development and outreach strategy for the organization’s annual meeting.
- An anti-hunger organization wanted to increase volunteer recruitment, engagement, and retention. The Advisory Team helped the organization develop an “elevator speech” and refine the volunteer orientation and engagement process.
GAP Application Period: Feb 24-May 14
Application Review and Interviews: May 17- June 11
GAP Orientation and Preparation: Week of June 28
GIVE Fellows Engage GAP: July 21- Nov 11
Tune in to learn more about how to host a GIVE Advisory Project in 2021!
At Business Volunteers we help companies and individuals impact their community in three ways:
- BUILD through trainings and education
- CONNECT through engagements and experience
- CONSULT though impact and leadership
For more information on how Business Volunteers can help you and your company please visit