boardCONNECT is a fun, fast paced, structured round robin style event where nonprofits seeking board members meet with candidates interested in board service.
boardCONNECT brings together community-minded professionals seeking to join a nonprofit board with a diverse range of nonprofit organizations looking for board members. In this “round robin” coordinated event, professionals and nonprofits engage in brief conversations, rotating throughout the evening. The goal is to find matches in which a nonprofit and a professional express mutual interest and want to continue the conversation. Each boardCONNECT event results in dozens of successful matches and new board members around Central Maryland.
Important information below:
*This registration is for interested board members. Nonprofits interested in participating, please see note below.
Things to know:
- There will be ~10 diverse nonprofit organizations participating in the event. NONPROFITS LISTED BELOW.
- Easterseals DC MD VA
- FreeState Justice
- Friends of Patterson Park
- Historic East Baltimore Community Action Coalition, Inc.
- ONE More… ONE Less Mentoring Inc.
- The Ingenuity Project, Inc.
- The RICH Program
- Village Learning Place
- Y in Central Maryland
- Yleana Leadership Foundation
- Completing this eventbrite ticket is PART 1 of the event registration.
- Once you complete this ticket, the link for PART 2 of the event registration, where you complete a candidate profile and create your event schedule will be sent to you. Completing PART 2 is REQUIRED to participate in the event.
- All participants are STRONGLY encouraged to attend a businessONBOARD: Fundamentals for strategies on being an effective board member. The next training is Nov 16th, the day before boardCONNECT! The Business Volunteers Maryland training schedule and registration link can be found on our website: www.businessvolunteersmd.org/events
Note for Nonprofits
This registration page is for individuals interested in serving on a board of directors, and would like to be matched with a nonprofit. There is a separate application process for nonprofits seeking board members. If you are representing a nonprofit and would like to apply to participate – please see our website’s nonprofit portal: www.businessvolunteersmd.org/nonprofits
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
At Business Volunteers we help companies and individuals impact their community in three ways:
- BUILD through trainings and education
- CONNECT through engagements and experience
- CONSULT though impact and leadership
For more information on how Business Volunteers can help you and your company please visit