boardCONNECT is a fun, fast paced, structured round robin style event where nonprofits seeking board members meet with candidates interested in board service.
boardCONNECT brings together community-minded professionals seeking to join a nonprofit board with a diverse range of nonprofit organizations looking for board members. In this “round robin” coordinated event, professionals and nonprofits engage in brief conversations, rotating throughout the evening. The goal is to find matches in which a nonprofit and a professional express mutual interest and want to continue the conversation. Each boardCONNECT event results in dozens of successful matches and new board members around Central Maryland.
Important information below:
*This registration is for interested board members. Nonprofits interested in participating, please see note below.
Things to know:
- This is PART 1 of the event registration.
- There will be ~10 diverse nonprofit organizations participating in the event. WHICH NONPROFITS ARE PARTICIPATING WILL NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL JULY 28TH. Candidates may register here before nonprofits are announced.
- Once nonprofits are confirmed, PART 2 of the event registration, where you complete a candidate profile and create your event schedule will open. Completing PART 2 is REQUIRED to participate in the event.
- If you are completing this PART 1 registration, before July 28th, we will send you an email when it is time to complete Part 2. After July 28th, you will be able to view participating nonprofits on this eventbrite page.
- All participants are STRONGLY encouraged to attend a businessONBOARD: Fundamentals for strategies on being an effective board member. The Business Volunteers Maryland training schedule can be found on our website: www.businessvolunteersmd.org/events
Note for Nonprofits
This registration page is for individuals interested in serving on a board of directors, and would like to be matched with a nonprofit. There is a separate application process for nonprofits seeking board members. If you are representing a nonprofit and would like to apply to participate – please see our website’s nonprofit portal: www.businessvolunteersmd.org/nonprofits
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
At Business Volunteers we help companies and individuals impact their community in three ways:
- BUILD through trainings and education
- CONNECT through engagements and experience
- CONSULT though impact and leadership
For more information on how Business Volunteers can help you and your company please visit