boardCONNECT is a fun, fast paced, structured round robin style event where nonprofits seeking board members meet with candidates interested in board service.
boardCONNECT brings together community-minded professionals seeking to join a nonprofit board with a diverse range of nonprofit organizations looking for board members. In this “round robin” coordinated event, professionals and nonprofits engage in brief conversations, rotating throughout the evening. The goal is to find matches in which a nonprofit and a professional express mutual interest and want to continue the conversation. Each boardCONNECT event results in dozens of successful matches and new board members around Central Maryland.
Important information below:
How to Prepare
- After registering for the event, you will receive an email with next steps. Next steps include submitting a resume or professional bio that can be shared with the selected nonprofits before the event.
- Completing the candidate profile is REQUIRED to participate in the event
- All participants will be invited to attend a Candidate Webinar one week before the event to help you prepare for a meaningful experience.
- All participants are STRONGLY encouraged to attend a businessONBOARD: Fundamentals for strategies on being an effective board member. The Business Volunteers Maryland training schedule can be found on our website: www.businessvolunteersmd.org/events
Note for Nonprofits
This registration page is for individuals interested in serving on a board of directors, and would like to be matched with a nonprofit. There is a separate application process for nonprofits seeking board members. If you are representing a nonprofit and would like to apply to participate – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note about Virtual Events
- Check your email inbox for additional information | Please look for an email from Eventbrite with information about Zoom. We understand that many of our participants are not able to receive Eventbrite messages. Business Volunteers works to ensure our events are accessible to all who wish to participate and will send an additional email from Business Volunteers with the Zoom information 48 hours before the event.
- Open the Zoom platform 5-10 minutes prior to the start time | Business Volunteers will open Zoom 10 minutes before the start time of the event. When joining Zoom, participants will be placed in a waiting room to confirm your registration. Participants will be brought into the main room 5 minutes before the start of the event.
- Be ready for active participation | We ask all participants to have both their video/camera and audio turned on during the event. Business Volunteers hosts interactive events that allow participants to engage the facilitator as well as other guests. Many of our events utilize breakout rooms to allow participants to better engage content with other participants.
- Use of recordings and chat function | Prior to the start of the event, participants will be informed if the event is being recorded and/or shared. In addition, the chat feature will be utilized throughout the event and our team will provide guidance on how participants will use chat feature.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or 410-366-6030
At Business Volunteers we help companies and individuals impact their community in three ways:
- BUILD through trainings and education
- CONNECT through engagements and experience
- CONSULT though impact and leadership
For more information on how Business Volunteers can help you and your company please visit