- This event has passed.
Business Volunteer’s Role of the Board: Essentials Training
September 14, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 11:30 am
The Role of the Board Essentials training is an engaging half-day seminar that reviews the specific roles and responsibilities of nonprofit board members. After attending this seminar, you will have guidelines for effective and meaningful nonprofit board service and a clear understanding of your role and the expectations as a board member.
Below is an outline of the topics we discuss during the seminar:
- Overview of the Nonprofit Sector
- Differing Cultures of Boards
- Responsibilities of a Board Member
- The Legal and Social Accountability of Boards
- Effective Fiscal Management and Fundraising
Doors open at 8 am for coffee, light refreshments and networking. Our program will begin promptly at 8:30 am. Register here.