Board Leadership Program
Board service is the perfect opportunity to develop leadership skills, build new networks and make a significant contribution to a nonprofit. Our Board Leadership Program trains and matches business professionals to positions on nonprofit boards and committees. To date, we have successfully matched more than 675 individuals.
A Meaningful Match
For individuals seeking to become involved in community leadership, our Board Leadership Program prepares and recommends candidates for board positions, according to the needs expressed by nonprofit organizations, and the interests and skills of individual candidates.
Participating business partners gain numerous benefits from the Board Leadership Program:
- Enhanced visibility as a socially-conscious corporate citizen
- Enhanced leadership and management skills in their participating employees
- Networking opportunities as company employees meet and work with other professionals on nonprofit boards
- Strengthened employee ties as a result of the investment in their leadership potential and personal development
Employees who participate in the Board Leadership Program also see many benefits:
- Enhanced leadership and management skills
- Valuable networking opportunities
- Training in the roles and responsibilities of nonprofit board members
- Greater understanding of and connection to the community
- Opportunities to make an impact working for a cause they believe in
For more information on our Board Leadership Program, contact Jasmine Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-366-6030 x226.
My own organization has benefitted from Business Volunteers' board matching efforts, and I am sure our volunteers’ companies have benefitted from their resulting enthusiasm about performing meaningful service that improves the lives of others and the community as a whole.
Business Volunteers has a mission to help Baltimore businesses leverage the time talent and energy of all their people to make Baltimore a better place to live, grow, raise a family, care for others.
Business Volunteers is uniquely positioned to benefit the Baltimore area by connecting talented and motivated people to nonprofits that are doing great things in our communities.
The work Business Volunteers is doing to help my company and others create a culture of volunteerism is critical to the success of our community, and the ability to succeed in business.
By connecting talented and dedicated volunteers who have valuable skills and a strong passion to help, Business Volunteers is creating leadership opportunities and a deeper understanding and awareness of issues in our region.
What I saw with Business Volunteers was a way for companies to become more effective, efficient, accountable and responsible. So, I was hooked!
We are proud to be the leading catalyst uniting the skills and talents of our business community with the needs of our nonprofit community.
We're celebrating 10 years of impact through meaningful volunteerism. In that time, we've connected more than 155,000 individuals to volunteerism and infused more than $20 million in time and talen into Central Maryland